Salem Field Trip
Event Date:Tuesday, 1 May 2012 - 8:00am - 4:00pm
Stephens Middle SchoolLibrary
4962 Hayesville Drive NortheastSalem, 97305
Collect non-judgmental evidence about learning
- Create a linoit account on your computer, or download the iPad app and create an account.
- We will be using the Instructional Rounds Education process. If interested in learning more, take a look at Learning to See, Unlearning to Judge from chapter four. We will rehearse this strategy prior to visiting classrooms.
Food For Thought...
Classroom Observation Guidelines
- Listen; don’t interrupt the teacher or disrupt the lesson.
- Try not to teach, just observe.
- It's fine to ask students questions as long as it seems appropriate at that point in the lesson.
- Talk with other network members during the debrief, not in the classrooms or hallway.
Student Conversation Questions
- What are you learning? What are you working on?
- What do you do if you don’t know the answer or you’re stuck?
- How will you know when you’re finished?
- How will you know if what you’ve done is good quality?
- What are the key features of the field trip observation process?
- How do I observe without judging?
Place 5-7 stickies that relate to the problem of practice on your groups linoit below.