Activating Students Creativity with Movies
iMovie: Movies on the iPad
Research shows that creativity in learning is not only engaging but results in higher levels of retention and enjoyment. iPads have amazing potential for inspiring creative projects with our students. Spend an afternoon looking at creating digital media with movies both as a teaching tool and student integration.
You will know and be able to:
- conceptualize a lesson idea into hands- on use of iMovie to enhance engagement for an upcoming lesson,
- utilize, create and share an iMovie trailer,
- share work in a variety of formats including Youtube and Google Classroom,
- reflect on the quality and content of your project using a rubric and contemplate classroom applications.
- iMovie for iPad: Full Class Tutorial (47:49) YouTube
- iMovie iOS 8 for iPad (7:16) YouTube
- iOS Support iMovie (webpage) Apple
- Shorewood Lib Dub 2009 and 2015
- Zaption: Embed higher level interaction into videos
- Project Ideas