Notability allows you to take hand-written, typed or voice recorded notes, and pictures. Begin using Notability as a tool in classroom work. Learn the basics of the app and how it can be integrated into student work.
Participants will know and be able to:
- navigate around Notability utilizing the basic functions,
- develop fluency in navigation between Notability and Google Drive,
- design and plan use with students including Google Drive.
Apps and Websites
Jigsaw Team Activity
Notability: Notes Screen
As a team drag descriptions to icons in Padlet (team below) OR using paper label.
Notability: Library Screen
Import PDF into Notability: Using the text or drawing tool, replace the ? with the bolded titles. Cut and paste or draw arrows showing the icon on the Library Screen.
Resources: Individual Exploration
- Notability Tutorial: Youtube (6:21). Organize notebooks, backups, and export.
- Notability User Guide: PDF. Open in Notability (Tap on page/pdf, click Open in Notability).
- Notability and Google Drive: Math classroom example.
- Notability: Powerful Note Taking for Teachers and Students: 5 classroom ideas.
- Digital Workflow with Google Drive and Notability: Burlington Public Schools.
- How To Use Notability iPad App in Your Classroom:
- Less Paper with Notability: PDFs to Notability to Google Drive.
Design Student Application
How will students utilize Notability? Create a lesson plan in Notability.
Notability Video Tutorials by Joann Slotterback
- Creating Dividers & Subjects (Notebooks): Tutorial on creating subject dividers and notebooks (called Subjects).
- Organizing Your Library of Notebooks & Notes: Tutorial on organizing your Notability library, including sorting/moving dividers and subject notebooks, changing the color and icon of a subject notebook, and changing the icon of a subject notebook.
- Creating, Moving, and Deleting Notes: Tutorial on creating, moving, and deleting notes in Notability.
- Setting Defaults: Tutorial on how to change the default settings in Notability. Defaults include font, background, themes, and more.
Google Drive and Notability Workflow
- Google Drive and Notabiltiy Workflow: Youtube (4:19)
- How to Turn on Auto-Syncing Google Drive with Notability: Google Drive Computer View Youtube (2:41)
- Backing Up Notability to Google Drive: Youtube (2:12)