1)Display lesson on board.
2)Talk about the differences between a whole and a fraction.
3) Discuss that a fraction consists of a numerator and denominator. They will then identify which numbers on the chart are fractions.
4) Discuss how you would draw lines on a whole circle to break it into fractions.
5) Identify the missing fractions on the fraction bar pieces.
6) Move the fraction bars ( or shade in the fractions) to identify the fractional part.
7) Have Students work on completing the fraction worksheets. You may need to do this whole class depending on
your level of learners.
8) Students will identify how many halves make up a group of whole sandwiches.
9) Students will identify the fractional set of the popsicles.
10) Students will then use the laptops and Kid Pix to create their own fractional pizza. (Including the toppings)
Similar to the fraction pizza problems from their worksheet they completed.