A movement activity that could be used as an energizer and/or object lesson
- Participants start out as an egg, by squatting down and waddling like an egg. "Eggs" find another egg and play one game of rock-paper-scissors. The winners turn into chickens.
- Chickens move on to find other chickens, and eggs move on to play against other eggs. The losers of each round go down one "transformation" level, and winners go up a "transformation" level.
- Each time a play wins a rock-paper-scissors round, they transform into the next stage. The game can continue for as long as you choose.
"Transformations" and action are:
- Egg: squatting down low and near ground
- Chicken: putting tumps under arpits and flapping elbows
- Dinasaur/Raptor: arms out and walking like a raptor
- Ultimate Being: arms up in the air like you just won a race
I put up the transformations with images on a slide.
Use this as an object lesson at the end having participants reflect on a statement such as, "Transformation" is like name the content you are teaching because __________.