Partners take turns being the Sage and Scribe. Useful for learning steps, procedures and step-by-step directions.
"Sage-N-Scribe allows guided practice before individual practice. This ensures learners are successful during independent work." Spencer Kagan
In pairs, Person A is the Sage; Person B is the Scribe. Using paper or a technology you can write/type on.
- The Sage gives the Scribe step-by-Step instructions how to perform a task or solve a problem.
- The Scribe records the Sage's solution step-bystep in writing/typing, coaching if necessary.
- The Scribe praises the Sage.
- Switch roles for the next problem or task.
- Solving math problems
- Learning a technology like Google Apps: Docs
- Using an iPad or app