Online Jigsaw Activity
Use when there are multiple articles that you want to expose participants to but have a limited amount of time.
- Divide participants into groups using any grouping strategy that is appropriate for your content
- Pose a set of questions for each group to respond to; these should be posted online and participants should have the ability to comment. NOTE: One question should be to summarize the key points of the article.
- Assign an article to each group to read; participants should silently read the article and think about the questions that have been posed.
- Group members discuss and formulate a response to each question and post these responses as an online comment
- Provide time for groups to read the summaries and question responses of the other groups