This is a quick, fun, easy, non-content related, way to get medium to large groups energized.
The facilitator will be the timer and should not participate.
- Participants stand in a circle/oval as close together as they can be without touching.
- The facilitator chooses one person to start. This person will clap, then the next person claps, and so on until the clap has made it all around the circle.
- As soon as the first person claps, the facilitator will start the stop watch.
- As soon as the last person claps, the facilitator will stop the stop watch and announce the time it took to get the clap around the entire circle.
- The faciliator will challenge the group to try again, but see if they can beat their time.
Go through this cycle 3 - 4 times to see how fast they can get.